This family photo session makes me feel ridiculously blessed for so many reasons. Dare I list them all? I do dare!
- I met Jay when I was 14 back in our hometown in Nebraska. We reconnected on Facebook a few years ago. We re-met this past spring (both of us now living in the DFW Metroplex of Texas) for this family photography session celebrating the birth of his second child.
- I want his wife, Lauren, to be my new best friend. She runs and drinks wine. Two very important things we have in common (except she actually seems to enjoy the running, I just do it … ’cause … well ’cause it’s good for you!)
- They were super relaxed. This is rare when you aren’t used to having a camera stuck in your face and even more rare when you add an 18mo old and a newborn into the mix. Maybe it was their new baby haze and lack of sleep, but I was surely impressed with their ease of being at ease.
- And they weren’t the only ones who showed this. Their daughter Paige does as well. This little girl is confident and knows her mind. I think I will attribute that to a sense of ultimate love and protection.
- Babies, babies are a blessing. I know this because everyone does. I feel this blessing deep inside me like every mother does.
- We were able to include something personal into the newborn part of the session, a blanket handmade by Lauren’s sister. It’s these little things that I know make a photograph that much more special to the family and to me the photographer as well.
- I love being able to photograph and witness people just loving on each other. There is really isn’t much better than that.
I truly adored every moment of photographing this family. Being able to reconnect with an old friend, while making a new one was an awesome way to spend a morning!